Saturday, January 19, 2013

Winter Adventures/ Colton 2-4 Months

I cannot believe how quickly time flies! My little man is already 4 months old! Looking at the pictures in my last post makes me realize how quickly time goes with a baby. I want to write down a few things before I forget them.  At his 2 month appointment he was 24 1/2 in long and 12 lbs 12 oz both were right around 50th percentile.  He started smiling really big around the beginning of November and seems to not want to stop. We took him across the country and back twice in the span of a month and a half.  His first flight was to Denver then onto Salt Lake. He was not very happy the first leg of the trip but luckily slept the second leg.  He did great on the flights back home too.  He was pretty much perfect on the flights we took for Christmas break.  I think we both knew what to expect and came a little more prepared.

We went to Park City with my family for Thanksgiving and he was able to meet everyone there for the first time including my grandparents.  He was still pretty little at the time and I think he got pretty overwhelmed with all of the people around so he wasn't always the most pleasant. We had our first family pictures taken there.  He also slept through the night for the first time while we were there.

We flew back to Ohio for a few weeks before flying back West for Christmas and he seemed to get much easier during that time.  By the time we flew to California he seemed to be pretty content and started only crying when he needed something. We took him to Disneyland for two days and he did so fabulous! I really couldn't have asked for a better time with him.  My parents brought a stroller I'm pretty sure was purchased when I was born in 1989. It ended up working perfectly though so I have no complaint! It laid down flat so Colton was able to sleep a good majority of the day.  We also took him to his first football game. It was the Poinsettia Bowl in San Diego. BYU ended up dominating SDSU in the 4th quarter so it was a great first experience for him.

We then made the trek up to Mesa with my sister Melissa and brother in law Josh.  Colton did great on his first road trip too and slept almost the whole time. When he wasn't sleeping he was just looking around and not making a peep.  We were lucky to have Trent's whole family in Arizona and Colton got to meet everyone of them too. He even got to meet Trent's grandparents!  He has 3 little boy cousins all around his same age on the Romney side so it was fun seeing all of them together.  They are all about 3 months apart so it was pretty fun comparing their different stages.  We spent Christmas at Trent's parents house and Colton was a pretty happy boy the whole day.  The whole family came over and his wonderful cousin Brittney held him and he just loved hanging out with her most of the time. 

Before we left Arizona we did Colton's baby blessing. Trent's mom still had his blessing outfit so we decided to try it on Colton and it fit great so we used it! Trent's whole family was there as well as my parents, Jamie, Melissa and Josh.  Colton was a little freaked out I think during the blessing and started to cry a few times.  Luckily someone kept helping him out with the binky situation to calm him down again for a few seconds.

He had his 4 month checkup appointment on January 16th and was 27 in long (99%) and 14 lbs 11 oz (33%). So he is taking the tall and skinny route I suppose. While we were in California with my family he was the same height as his cousin Ella who at the time just just a couple weeks short of a year old. He also got sick for the first time right after we got back home.  Trent and I both caught a stomach flu and luckily Colton didn't get that, but he had a little bit of a temperature and a cold for a few days.

Other than all of that Trent has started a new semester in Podiatry school and I have started working again in two offices.  That has been so great to get out of the house for a little while.  I feel like it really makes me appreciate the time I get to spend with Colton and I also am so grateful to be working again.  I have some wonderful friends who watch Colton while I'm away so that has made things much easier too. 

We are so grateful for all of our blessings and especially for this new year.  We are really in an exciting time in our lives and we are trying to make the most of it! Enjoy the pictures!

























































2 comments:

  1. Love that boy! Colton is seriously such a cute little boy. I cannot wait to see him again. The picture where Trent is sleeping and Colton is smiling huge is awesome. Love it! Hope you guys are doing good. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey There. I found your weblog the use of msn. This is a very well
    written article. I'll make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely return.



    My webpage: how to register a brand name in usa

    ReplyDelete